1. Mediation advantages couples who amicably agree to separate and are prepared to make full disclosures to each other.
2. Couples decide divorce provisions, not a judge.
3. Mediation is efficient, affordable and respectful.
4. Mediation encourages creativity and win-win settlements.
5. The couple controls the process, not a judge.
6. A mediator guides and suggests, but never dictates, and looks for compromise and mutually agreeable solutions.
7. Mediation simplifies some of the most stressful elements, creating a faster and more efficient process.